At 23% I'm doing great!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Historic First Post

I'm addicted to reading other people's blogs, but never thought that I would join the ranks of blogdom.

It gets very lonely working at home all day. Until recently I worked in an office in midtown Manhattan. I had coworkers, and each day went by at warp speed. I think I'm one of the few people that actually looked forward to work each day. It was a great social scene.

Why the sudden change?
Well, I got married (exactly a month ago) and moved out of NYC. Thankfully, most of the work that I did in my office could just as easily be done from home, so now I work alone in my house all day. Sometimes I get so bored that I talk to my husband's dog. More about the dog later. Ok, I should stop griping.
There are many positive aspects to working from home:
I can wear comfortable clothes (if I even bother to get out of pajamas - today is a pj day)
No commute (extra 2 hours of sleep each night) *big bonus* no fellow commuters!
No coworkers tempting me with junk food and no boss to stuff me with pizza (therefore have lost 2 lbs)
No more micromanagement from my boss
Can listen to Wicked and other Broadway soundtracks as much and at whatever decible level I desire
Don't have to follow the office dress code (can wear short sleeves without being reprimanded)

That's all I can think of right now.

It's very hard moving to a city where you don't know many people. Ok, I am lucky, at least I know a few people. Still. . . I miss all the people that I used to hang out with in NY.
By the way, please don't think I'm a snotty NY-er that grew up in Flatbush or some other frummy area. I'm originally from a hick-town in the midwest. I came to NY for college, found a job soon after, and stayed till I married.

This past year I made a huge effort to do everything the city has to offer. I didn't want to end up in a single-person's rut. I didn't want to become one of those sour singles whose only extracaricular activity is dating. How can someone not become jaded if dating is their only social life? In turn, to make up for my lack of relationship, I became The Great White Way's mistress. Me and my friend went to a Broadway show almost every night. Some sundays we would see a matinee and evening show.

Sorry, I'm rambling all over the place.

Look what happened! I decided to wake up early and start work at 7:30am so that I'd be able to cook for shabbos, and instead I got side-tracked by starting my own blog.

This is way too addictive.

In the future, each posting will try and discuss one topic.

And if you're reading, please give me a shout out.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home