At 23% I'm doing great!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another idiot on imamother

Idiots on Imamother.com are fairly commonplace. A couple weeks ago, someone on the site asked whether she should go back to work so that she'll have insurance. Seems pretty straightfoward right? Apparently not. I can't believe that it's more important to be a SAHM than have insurance. Don't people realize that emergencies happen all the time and it's better to be safe than sorry?

I responded that even though I'm healthy, recently I've undergone many tests that, without insurance, would've cost a lot. I'm not sure exactly how expensive the tests are because I HAVE INSURANCE.

In response, some moron started this thread titled
"What do you consider to be good health?"

Imamother member said, Someone posted:
Quote:
"In the past couple months alone I've had an echocardiogram, gone to the doctor twice, and had blood work done. I have to go for more blood work in a couple months AND have an ultrasound (or something like that) of my thyroid, AND followup again with the doctor."

then she wrote:
Quote:
"I'm very healthy - but things come up all the time that are best to get checked out."

Things come up all the time and that's called being "very healthy"?! an echocardiagram? blood work? ultrasound? Am I the only one who thinks this does not sound like being "very healthy"?"

Is this person a complete moron? Isn't it normal for a good doctor to check out anything that might be amiss? People find lumps, get them biopsied and this doesn't mean they're unhealthy. They're just edging on the safe side of caution and checking out things IN CASE there may be a problem. It's always better to check out possible issues because if there IS a problem, it's better to catch it early.

I don't see what this poster is getting at. Most people with half a brain understand that someone can be perfectly healthy even though they're having some tests done. A good doctor will order blood work every year to check out his/her patient's cholesterol - and this doesn't mean the patient isn't healthy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home